Get the latest information on the political landscape, entertainment updates, and health sector in the world with this Naija Exclusive TV news highlight for May! The latest news in the world that you need to know are the following:
DAILY MAIL REPORTS that the UK will impose a 100% tax on imports from Iran
DAILY NIGERIAN reports that the NDA has set up a new special task force to monitor and contain threats from the Boko Haram insurgency
A DUTCH businessman has been charged with fraud in the UK for allegedly helping Nigerian criminals move large amounts of stolen property into the country
A SAN FRANCISCO man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for using his job as a human rights lawyer to help three Nigerian men carry out their plan to bomb the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria
THE LATEST NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
The long-awaited comeback of one of the most influential dancehall artistes in the history of the genre is about to hit the market. At a time when the dancehall industry is currently in a state of uncertainty, fans of dancehall music have been anxiously awaiting the release of one of the most influential dancehall artistes in the history of the genre. After almost four years of absence, the singer known as Panjabi MC, Prince Jammy, will soon be back in the music scene.
1. Nigeria has approved the bill to amend the Nigerian Constitution to permit re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. The latest update on the coronavirus pandemic is that there are 669 confirmed cases in Nigeria and 10 deaths, while 14 people have recovered.
3. A UN official has said that the world is facing a new wave of COVID-19.
4. A Harvard University-based project has found that the most effective way to fight COVID-19 is to test and trace people who have the virus.
5. It is said that the founder of the Boko Haram terrorist group, Abubakar Shekau, has died.
6. The acting CEO of Nigerian Ports Authority, Waziri Babangida, has announced the end of lockdown in Lagos.
7. A member of the Nigerian Senate has accused the President of breaching the Constitution by imposing the lockdown.
8. A Nigerian senator has accused the Nigerian Army of killing soldiers to cover up its failure to fight Boko Haram.
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the world should no longer fear Nigeria, and that the country is the best positioned to lead Africa in the coming years. The President made the declaration at the 2018 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) held in Ethiopia’s capital city of Addis Ababa.
Buhari said: “In many ways, we are the leaders of Africa, and we have been for many years. But I think what you are seeing now is a resurgence of Nigeria. I believe that Nigeria is the best positioned country in Africa to lead Africa.
“Nigeria has been a beacon of light in Africa. We have been a lighthouse for the rest of Africa, and I think that people are beginning to see that.
“And, I believe that we have a chance to really take this country to new heights. I believe that we are on the verge of taking Nigeria to new heights, and I believe that we can lead Africa.
“And, we are going to do that. I believe that we have a chance to lead Africa.